Sailfin addition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vero2014

Aquarium Advice Newbie
We recently added a sail fin to our tank. The tank has several corals, 2 cleaner shrimp, starfish, fox face, 2 small clowns and a coral beauty. Something has been eating our hammer coral and we are assuming it is the sail fin since it has only started since we added him. We were told they don't bother with the coral, though. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks

You posted this in the fresh water section :)

How big of a tank is this?

The coral beauty would be the one to eat your coral. They are known for eating it. Tangs won't touch them.

Yep, I have 5 tangs total now and have never had them eat corals or even nip at them. :) I do however have a blue hippo tang that hates frags and will hide them behind the rockwork. lol

Could be the Angel or the Foxface. I know someone who had to get rid of their Foxface because after a year of ignoring them, it suddenly decided Zoas were tasty.

Another possibility...could it be a pest of some kind? I lost a torch a few months back. Looked good for a while and just started dying off little by little. Nothing else showed signs of anything bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom