Salinity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It depends on what you have in your tank right? ,I have all fish, was told between 20-22 is where it should be is that wrong

Thats allot better then tap water ,look at the bottle , publix water states ro

distilled water is suitable. check the grocery stores though, as a lot of them have R/O water machines, and you pay by the gallon...anywhere from 10 cents to 40 cents. That's what I do...carbon filtered, R/O, run thru a UV sterilizer as it exits the machine. 10cents a gallon.

Believe it or not the only bottled water I found that states R.O on it is the publix brand cheaper water, only 65 cents per gal
all the other including the top brands that cost more only say carbon filtered
so why pay more when publix brand is cheaper and is RO

or make friends with somebody that works in a chemistry lab and have them bring you 5 gallon containers of RO/DI water for free :)

I use plastic 6 gal fuel jugs, there nice and cheap also, paid seven bucks each at walmart, I keep them for when I am in the area of the fish store
there water is 50 cents a gal but way out of my way, for another 15 cents I buy it at publix

malkore said:
check grocery stores. I can get R/O water thats been UV filtered, for 10cents a gallon!
Damn where do you guys shop... I found distilled at walmart for $.58 and the RO/DI (they call it Drinking water) was almost $2.00 a gallon! I don't even see any grocery stores locally that seem to even have distilled (although I didn't read the drinking water labels) but they def weren't something like $.10 or even $.25. What chains are you using?

Back
Top Bottom