salinity level

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sansouci01

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My new 20 gallon tank is finally cycled and I will be doing a pwc this weekend before adding my first live stock. During the cycle period, I have been getting used to keeping on eye on my parameters and making sure the water is at a constant level because this is my first salt water tank. The salinity level has been a constant 1.025. Is this a good salt level or should I bring it down a bit before adding fish...

My new 20 gallon tank is finally cycled and I will be doing a pwc this weekend before adding my first live stock. During the cycle period, I have been getting used to keeping on eye on my parameters and making sure the water is at a constant level because this is my first salt water tank. The salinity level has been a constant 1.025. Is this a good salt level or should I bring it down a bit before adding fish...
That's perfect. I keep mine there all the time. You could definitely go a bit lower if it's a fowlr tank though to fend off parasites a bit more. Your decision though! :D

Looks perfect to me mine stays around 1.026. The ocean is a perfect 1.026 so 1.025 is fine for all marine life. Just remember to top off evaporated water with fresh water not salt since the salt doesn't evaporate.

Back
Top Bottom