Salt?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bosnianblood69

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is there any brand that you guys would recomend for salt mix use? I heard instant ocean gets big clumps of like brown sludge on bottom?

This is one of those questions that if you ask ten people you`ll get 11 answers. I use Oceanic salt but there is no one salt mix that is better than everyone else. They all have their pros and cons.

Is there any brand that you guys would recomend for salt mix use? I heard instant ocean gets big clumps of like brown sludge on bottom?

I use instant ocean and don't get clumps... However if exposed to moisture any salt will get
clumpy. I also only have a FOWLR, and when I eventually start to do corals will be using a different salt...

What your keeping and how heavily stocked on corals you are can help determine a salt that will best suit you along with if your looking at a certain price range but as stated above everyone has their own preference. No one salt has proven to be the "holy grail" of reef keeping yet lol.

Edit* I use Kent reef salt by the way.

it really comes down to the demands of the tank. Some like more Alk, Calcium, Mag etc... I tried a lot of different salts till I found the one that seemed to fit my tank needs the best. I went through Instant Ocean, Reef Crystals, Corallife, Seachem, I found with Red Sea Coral Pro I had to add less aditives to get salt mix to match tank parameters

Back
Top Bottom