salt inwall setup 20gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
quick fan setup, it is all glued but i added zip ties just to make sure.
just clip this on the tank and it will move the air between the light and the top of the water.
60421-albums10168-picture43394.jpg

here is the fan installed on the tank.
the Temp dropped 4 degrees already, and i have great air flow and water agitation.
60421-albums10168-picture43405.jpg

i did not like the existing LR setup, piled up against the back wall.
there was too many dead spots that i could not get to when cleaning.

now everything is stacked in the middle, open in front and back.
60421-albums10168-picture43636.jpg

i think i am ready for fish.
i let the tank run for a month, all snails and crabs are good, i have pods all over the glass, and lots of 'things' are growing out of the LR.

here is my RODI water container that sits above all the tanks. simple bulkhead, took about 2 minutes to make.
60421-albums10168-picture43949.jpg

this then feeds my float valve in the refugium.
60421-albums10168-picture43948.jpg

here is the full setup as seen from the front.
now i have an idea in my head on making the wall stone, so it looks like the tanks are comming out of the rock. whenever you think you are finished, think again!

60421-albums10168-picture44122.jpg

That looks amazing!

And the rock idea is great.

They have a sort of stone tile that looks like individual rocks that is very affordable but looks great

That looks amazing, now all you have to do is convert the other two into saltwater!!! lol j/K it does look amazing though.

it's funny, i have a new respect for saltwater ppl.
my fresh tanks i don't have to think twice about, there is nothing special to do, i barely have to even do water changes, the tanks take care of themselves.

but salt!!!! wow, lots of little things to manage. Salinity, Temp, ATO, RODI, Gravity overflow box, CLOGS in plumbing from snails, all kinds of algae, TDS's...and the list goes on.

my hats off to all the larger tank's out there !!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom