Salt or Fresh Water?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh and I forgot to mention that I also get a trip to 2 pet stores today:). But I'm not allowed to buy/do anything until my 7.8 gallon tank is done:( icky parents! But I'm over half way done cycling that tank so it should only be a week longer!

Is this a skimmer or just a regular filter?

Attachments

• image-351513489.jpg
    image-351513489.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 62
Okay so got to find a skimmer... On the up side just got the tank for $15 :D needs cleaning but looks good!

On a 40b you could prob get by without a skimmer, so long as you stay ontop the pwc's and filtration

Here it is in all of it's glory! My 55 gallon baby:)

Attachments

• image-1803759063.jpg
    image-1803759063.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 92
  • image-2163875340.jpg
    image-2163875340.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 89
Nope, they had a few of those on craigslist but this was the cheapest so to appease my mother I could only get this one. But I'm excited and might start to clean it out tonight or later tomorrow

I have fallen in love with the idea of a saltwater tank over the past few days so I'm defiantly doing saltwater:). My first one!

I am in the process of saving money for a skimmer for my 55g. I have a cyano problem, which I believe a skimmer could help.

Plus this is my DT, and my only tank, probably ever (no room), so I want to do everything I can for it!

Yeah I'll be saving for a while for everything as well, but good luck with yours scottayy

Going to a 55g saltwater is gonna cost a bit more than the 40b. :-( Start saving right this second! LOL

Yeah I've read! But in going to do this very slowly! First clean then looking for used skimmers and powerheads! Then sand and a little live rock:D

Back
Top Bottom