saltwater tank setup (going bigger need to transfer)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caseydavis

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 30 gallon saltwater tank cycled it has been setup for about 3 months now. I have 2 clowns and a damsel in it with about 20 pounds or live rock and 40 pounds of sand.

But got a 75 gallon tank i have added 20 pounds of sand and like 5 pounds of live rock i just set it up 2 days ago the sand has cleared now.

My question is can I add the 30 gallons of water to the 75 gallon tank along with the rest of the stuff in the 30 gallon to the 75 gallon and have a cycled tank or should I leave it like it is for now or start and finsh the cycle process on the new tank.

I do know i have to have more live rock for the 75 but I am slowly buying more each week.

I have alot of questions about the new setup but i will ask one at a time i guess. And sorry if this isnt in the right topic

the sand you added to the 75, is it live sand or just dry sand? if it's just dry sand, i don't think the 5 pounds of rock is going to make much of a difference and you can add the other tank to it right away.

well i would wait a few days and watch your parameters. test for ammonia and nitrite. if you see none, i think it might be ok due to the water volume.

Back
Top Bottom