Sand bed cleaner.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mansiz

Aquarium Advice Freak
Besides the fighting conches and the crab, is there other fishes that help to clean the sand bed? Cas the crab and the fighting conch seems to be out of stock, but my sand bed is rather dirty, and i'm afraid that the NH4 will rise, so is there any other sand bed cleaner?

Your absolute best sand bed cleaner will be a healthy supply of nassarius snails. They will burrow into the sand and do as good a job as the conch will but they do not get anywhere as big. Cerith snails will do the same.

Cheers
Steve

The LFS owner introduced me the yellow wrasse, but i find out through the internet that this kind of fishes eats tube worm. But is it true that the yellow wrasse is another sand bed cleaner?

Wrasses in general are "critter" eaters. They will eat worms, pods and any other small planktonic life they can find. They will have absolutely no affect on the actual "cleanliness" of the tank or the sandbed. If anything they remove the beneficial animals that can help it.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom