Sand or water first.?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, in that order. This way you can see if the plumbing is sound before you put in the $$ items.
Good luck! :wink:

side note , !!!CLEAN YOUR SAND FIRST!!!! Just put it in a bucket fill with water , aggitate with hand then syphon off the milk water when the sand settles for like 20 seconds , repeat if not it will take straight for ever to settle in the tank,ime

Hweere is what i do to keep the water clear when filling up a new tank.

cover the bottom of the sandbed completely with a doube layer of aluminumm foil. Bend the corners of the foil up to create a 2" wall around the foil layer. Now pour the water onto the foil. THe sand bed will not be disturbed and the foil will float to the top when your are finished! Than add salt and filters. Add the salt slowly though.

OR if u wanted to see if everything was working, you could do a dry run first, fill with tap water, run it. Drain it!!! Than fill with sand, RODI water and salt.

I mixed my RO water in a tub with salt...
THEN when the sand and rock came I added the rock then sand THEN heated and salted water...

Back
Top Bottom