say NO to skimmer overflows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
funny you mention that. For the first time since i installed my float, i had the skimmer start to fill up. the float worked 100%, the skimmer turned off when the collection cup was half way full.

I WAS SOOOOO HAPPY. no water, no flood, no problems.
I hope you have just as much luck as i did!!!!

..and your float looks great. how did you set yours up?
i attached mine to the cap. so when i remove the cap, the float comes out as well.
this also lets me perform maintenance on the cup and skimmer without having to worry about the float.

Thanks again for the help! I just set mine in there, put a rubber band around it and used a twist tie above the lid to keep it vertical. It allows for taking the lid on and off without removing the float. Easy to test that way too.

I have a coral life 65 also it overflowed on me once and that was because the airline came out of the pump other than that its skins great

i had an full cup again, my float did it's job and shut off the skimmer. I have yet to determine why once a month it decides to fill up.

Yeah these skimmers don't seem to have rhyme or reason as to why they go into overflow mode. I'm glad I got the float installed and the drain ran to the garage. Now if it overflows it shuts off periodically while it drains and the only drawback is it makes my ATO replenish fast and can lower salinity :(

Yeah these skimmers don't seem to have rhyme or reason as to why they go into overflow mode. I'm glad I got the float installed and the drain ran to the garage. Now if it overflows it shuts off periodically while it drains and the only drawback is it makes my ATO replenish fast and can lower salinity :(

Do what I do, my collection cup drain is manual so it does not empty my ato and lower salinity. I always check my tank every day after work so it is ok if the skimmer is off for a few hrs, i would rather have the skimmer off than have my ato drain out into the tank. By the time I drain the collection cup and the skimmer restarts, it acts normally.

Back
Top Bottom