Alright I have an update on my tank cycling with Stability, this was my first tank ever and I did a fishless cycle starting with well water that contained 3 ppm
ammonia right out of the tap. I started my tank on June 30th my numbers were ph 8.4, ammonia 3ppm, nitrite 0, nitrate 0. I added Salinity on July 5 and the bottle ran out on July 11. I didn't see any change in any of my numbers until July 16th when nitrite rose to between 0-.5 ppm
and stayed between 0-.5 until July 25th when they went to 1 ppm
. I dosed ammonia on July 14th 5 ml in 250 gallon tank and then again July 15th I dosed 10 ml but never really noticed my ammonia levels fluctuate. My first nitrate reading was on July 24th of 5 ppm
. Now today July 29th I've got lots of movement in my tank numbers my ammonia numbers finally dropped for the first time ever all the way down to .25 ppm
just under a month, my Nitrite levels are at 5ppm which is the top of my test strip and my Nitrate levels are at 40 ppm
. I think my test will be inconclusive as to wether Stability causes tank crash in the future since Stability didn't appear to cause any bacteria to grow in my tank to begin with.