Seeking advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Huro

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello salt people :)

I am from the freshwater side of the forums and am currently thinking about trying my hand at a reef tank. That being said I am looking for your thoughts/opinions on a tank I have been told would be a great beginner reef tank. It is the Oceanic BioCube HQI Aquarium System 29 Gallon, Oceanic Systems » BioCube HQI | Products. Please let me know what you all think. Thanks

I'm jumping in on this one too! I have been thinking about doing some reef with corals and stuff.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The biocube a are fine all in one tanks. It's just the halide runs super hot and you may need a chiller. Jbj makes a really nice 28 gallon aio with leds

Well I mean what do you guys think, would it be better to start with my empty tank and just add what I need or go with the bio cube?.

I like piecing things together, so I'd go with the 16 but that's just me. More room to customize than the aio tanks

Anything I should know about or avoid starting besides the standard research stuff? I don't wont to get taken for a ride when it comes time to buy equipment and such.

Ya just research everything first. And go slow, nothing good happens fast in sw

Yeah I am not one of those folks who want it up and running tomorrow, I just want a miniature reef with a well balanced ecosystem for the size and I want to do it the right way as it will take less time in the end that way.

Although I would love a Red Sea max one day :). But yeah customizing is so much better

Back
Top Bottom