setup question...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4xFreak

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hey all!

tank has been running for 2 days now and I have a small problem...

I have a built in trapezoid overflow in the center of my 24" tall tank. Inside the overflow is a large standpipe w/ holes drilled in it and a DLS filter sits on this pipe to filter out the "junk". Well here's the problem..."NOISE"...this thing sounds like a water factory of some sorts. the water has to fall a great distance before hitting the bottom of the overflow. I want to shut everything down and do a quick "durso" standpipe modification. If I do this mod myself, there will be no room for the large DLS filter that now sits on top of the existing pipe. Do you guys/gals use a filter media to filter out the junk or do you just let it all circulate through the filtration system???

thanx,

4x

I have one tank that I vacuum the sump on...this method works well. I have another tank that I use a filter bag on the end of the pipe where it drops into the sump. This works very well...it traps all the gunk...it's quiet...it stops most of the bubbles...it has to be cleaned regularly or it stops up and you have water in places you don't want it.

Back
Top Bottom