should I ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

morgan24

Aquarium Advice Freak
Should i do a water change in the middle of my cycle? I'm still testing high in ammonia and trites. Or should i wait until its done. Its a 10gal with 2-3 in sand bed with 20lbs of uncured lr. Thanks Here is a pic of it.
oh yeah and tell what you all think of the lr placement should i move so i have more shelfs for coral because its going to be a mini reef with lots of corals. I have a coralife 65wt lite on it that should do for most corals right. I don't know much about clams but i know i probably can't have one but if there is one i could have in there is there one that would work. Probably not but worth asking. Plus would i be able to put some lps corals in there. All i do is research on this all day but every thing said high light but is mine high enough? Sorry for the lost post i know its alot of work with such a small tank but my 20 does great.

Attachments

• 10_gal_159.jpg
    10_gal_159.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 26
It looks great. I'd wait out the ammonia and nitrite spikes. You can do a good many corals with that lighting but I'd stay away from clams. They aren't very tolerant the way I understand, of quick changes in chemistry that your bound to encounter in a smaller system. And, they grow very large. LPS corals also may be a problem in such a small reef. Things like open brains, candycanes or blasto may do ok but bubbles, hammers, torches, frogspawn and the like have very long sweeper tentacles and needs a good bit of space to keep them from stinging nearby corals. JMO

Back
Top Bottom