Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bosnianblood69

Aquarium Advice Freak
have a question so the last 4 shrimp 2 cleaner and 2 fire i have bought all seem to die a couple hours after i put them in my tank my paramaters are all ok and all my fish are doing alright too what could it be?

Did you acclimate the shrimp because if you just put them right in they get shocked from the different temp of conditions of your tank

Did you ship them what were your parameters in your tank. ph changes and swings are deadly to shrimps

all my parameters are in check but i think its the seller everytime i buy a fish or shrimp it dies the fish i bought with the shrimp i acclimated for 5 hrs and it died too?

Does the fish, invertebrates, and coral look healthy. do they have dead things and algae in and floating around the tank?The tank. Some place especially when dealing with saltwater you have to take a good look at what your buying. Look at the tail the body and even ask them to feed the fish or invertebrate because a unhealthy fish is less likely to eat. You want the first fish that races to the top, and that looks plump around the stomach.

its happened with every saltwater creature ive bought from them so far theres sometimes food in the tanks

They might be over feeding which can cause ammonia poisoning in some cases and make a sick fish. You might want to talk to the about the fishes and stuff you buy keep dieing or move on to a different fish store. If there is no other fish store you might wanna try order online.

ya ima go to her place this week sometime but problam is that she wont do anything about it and theres plenty of fish stores in chicago land area

Choose a new store if the owners do nothing going back and buying there fishes again and again won't help. Find a new better store because its not worth wasting your money when there not going to change. If they thought of you as a valuable customer they would have changes an saltwater is not something g in which you want to waste. money

My 2 cents is I found with a long drip the temperature would drop too much then shocking them when transfered to the tank. I now use a quicker drip and a insulated drip container.

i think it might be to long of a drip because they keep there invertabrates at 72 and my tanks is at 80 so im going to give them one more try and the fish was bullied by my hippo tang but he was nice about it and gave my money back

Back
Top Bottom