Shrimp missing!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishFreak1961

Aquarium Advice Freak
Missing coral banded pair! They have completely disappeared. Just
got them last week and they are both gone. Would an anemone eat them?
I have a pretty large purple tip haitian that loves to eat. Would he
snag them? I don't think the fish bothered them. Weird. I have 2 fancy
nass snails would it pop up and get it if it were dead and pull it under?
I have lost a sea hare and those two coral b shrimp lately

Yeah it`s kind of hard to say. You`ll probably have some come back up in the anenome if it was the anenome. Maybe they are hiding.

Not to worry, they just became a pair last week you say? They are just on their honeymoon you can expect to see them back in 1 to 2 weeks. :)

Just.A.Bit.Salty said:
Not to worry, they just became a pair last week you say? They are just on their honeymoon you can expect to see them back in 1 to 2 weeks. :)

Bow-chicka-BOW-wow...LOL!!

Btw...I wasn't trying to be insensitive...the honey moon just got me giggling! I hope they're ok too

I hope they are too, I just got them and they were mated when the
got to me from SWF.com. My pistol shrimp is hiding too. He is newer
than them. I have lots of rock so lets hope they are hiding! I'll keep
you posted!

Our CBS will stand in our condy picking food pieces out. If the nem brushes against him he retaliates by pinching it. It only seems to bother the shrimp if the nem brushes against his antennae. The shrimp are pretty fast. Ours goes into the caves we have and sits there for long periods of time. I'm guessing that you will see them shortly.

I know I have a golden coral banded shrimp that I never see unless it is feeding time. I have noticed to when it molts it doesn't come out for food either for a few days. He does come out at night and hunts for bristle worms and anything else he can catch.

I sure hope they show up soon, odd that both of them are missing and I don't see my pistol shrimp any either.. We will wait and see

They are gone!!

No signs of either one, they must have died and the nassarius
busted up and dragged them under. It kills me every time I feed he
just pops up out of nowhere and wants to eat. They must have
the most keen sense of smell ever!!

Awww...I'm sorry :( I just was Lookin through my subscriptions and realized I hadn't seen an update...

nasarius snails don't pull the dead meat down. they will eat it where it is. i bought a scarlet skunk cleaner shrimp that had molted a few days earlier so it died and they snails started eating it on the sand bed as well i just had a turbo snail died and the same thing

Oh well, It is weird they both died together like that, usually the go seperately.
I hope somebody ate them and cleaned up the mess. I have too many fish in
my 40 gal tank because my 20 gal just crashed and I had to scramble my maroon clown and red hawkfish & chili coral to live with the others, I lost everything else :( ph spike.
Many snails, starfish, bt anemone, feather duster, crabs... I hate that!!!! It happens and you just keep on........ I am addicted, at least it isn't crack.

they are a mated pair right. i'm still convinced they are in hiding, and i don't know if the coral banded shrimp are noternal like my peppermint shrimp is which likes to hide when they lights are on and roams around when they are out. try getting a red lense and put it over a flash light and look for them at night to see if you can find them or if they really are gone

quoted from live aquaria

"
Native to the oceans of Indonesia, Stenopus hispidus is perhaps the most widely distributed shrimp in the sea. It usually hangs upside-down in caves or crevices, with only its antennae emerging from the hole. While molting, the Banded Coral Shrimp will often hide from sight for 1-2 days in the rocks of the reef. In the home aquarium, provide sufficient room for the Banded Coral Shrimp so it can move about freely without its long antennae touching neighboring corals or anemones. "

how long have they been missing for

Back
Top Bottom