Simething new growing on my Live Rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DTack2

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So can anyone tell me what these are? They have started growing out of my live Rock. One is a purple bulb of some kind, while the other is Snow White and has little fingers sticking off the rim at the tip all the way around.

Attachments

• image-1599460532.jpg
    image-1599460532.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 117
  • image-2077671562.jpg
    image-2077671562.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 90
  • image-1627197661.jpg
    image-1627197661.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 91
My tank has only been up about two months. Didn't think they would grow on their own... Cool now I gotta figure out how to take care of them.

The white ones could be button polyps starting to grow. when mine start out that is how they look.

This may be a silly question, but what does LPS stand for?

Large polyp stony. And it is possible that they could be button polyps coming up as well, as stated above. Be honest, forgot about them looking like that when coming up...and if they just appeared it is much more likely to be them. So sounds like you got some free soft coral.

Awesome! I wanted to go coral eventually, but thought I would need my tank set up for about 6 months or so before I bought any.. Guess I need to figure out how to take care of them now.. LOL

Awesome! I wanted to go coral eventually, but thought I would need my tank set up for about 6 months or so before I bought any.. Guess I need to figure out how to take care of them now.. LOL
what kimd of lighting do you have.??

I have a programmable 36" 234W 6x39 fluorescent Actinic T5 HO. Six bulb 3 HO white, 3 actinic blue, 6 moonlight LEDs. It is programmed to keep moonlight from 7pm to 7am, 7am-1000 it is twilight, 1000-5pm high setting with all 6 lights on, then 5pm-7pm it is twilight again.

Back
Top Bottom