Six line wrasse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

davidelijah

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My fish is no where to be found,is he in the sand?does anyone have one of these fish?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Wrasses bury themselves at night to sleep. Can you tell us more about the tank and the fish? Current parameters, how often and much feeding, how long you've had it?

I have a six line and a yellow coris.
The coris wrasse dives into the sand at the drop of a hat and sleeps in the sand.
I have never once seen the six line go into the sand, BUT he does tuck himself away into nice tight nooks and crannies in the rocks and coral branches.

and yes, look around the tank, because they can go sailing through the air, thankfully my tank is covered because I have seen and heard him go "Thump!!" against the top.

I have a open top tank an never had my six line jump, maybe I'm lucky. Still building a lid for my upgrade though. Mine always wedges itself in any crevice but never buried itself in the sand.
This fish is my all time far saltwater fish. It's a beautiful creature an makes it worth every cent of the salty hobby.

I have a open top tank an never had my six line jump, maybe I'm lucky. Still building a lid for my upgrade though. Mine always wedges itself in any crevice but never buried itself in the sand.
This fish is my all time far saltwater fish. It's a beautiful creature an makes it worth every cent of the salty hobby.

I don't think mine intentionally "jumps" he just gets ripping around the tank at light speed sometimes and he likes to do that right at the water surface..:blink:

I agree, they are beautiful, but they can be jerks at times.

Thanks everyone for responding,I have 2 blue devil damsels & 2 three strip damsels and 2 emerald crab in the tank with the wrasse,I've had the tank a month and it's a 30 gal,when I got out of the show this morning he was out swimming around.Sorry took so long to respond back,went to tiger game,thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom