Size sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I’m wondering what’s the best way to keep the water from dropping into my sump quiet. either do i add pipes that i can screw on and off that goes straight into the water or add wood to the back of stand?IMG_1516919116.133755.jpg

I would add extensions. Get the pipe closer bottom of sock .
Some slice the pipe 1/2 way through several times to make a baffle.

Where is the water level in the sump? It should rest high enough that it shouldn't be an issue on your filter socks. If not, I'd either lower the socks or extend the PVC.

It’s about 6-7 inches high. It’s not a issue for the socks so much. It’s just falls so high from the sock entrance to the water level below. I think I’m going to extend the pvc

So i was reading online and it says every couple days maybe 3 or so the filter socks should be taken off cleaned good. Is this true? And if so is it really worth having them on?

Not sure about the recommended sock maintenance schedule, but any opportunity you get to easily remove physical waste before it breaks down (and becomes dissolved into the water column) is a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom