skimmer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jester

Aquarium Advice Freak
i was given this 40g tank loaded with corals a madirn it is 3 years old and everything is great but there is no protein skimmer should i add one even thow everything is fine

It can't hurt. How long has the mandarin been in there and about how much LR is in there. They need quite a large amount of live rock.

the mandarin has been in there for 1 and a half years and is the fatest one i have ever seen i have ane in my other tank too they both have plenty of pod the tank that was given to me also has a Royal Gramma Basslet and alot of corals and 2 star fish and a ton of pods i can see them even with the lights on the mouth on the basslet is huge like a large mouth bass he even picks of some pods i seen him grab some kind of worm of a peice of lr it was like 3inches long it was cool she gave me everything she had pumps heaters 10g qt tank enoguht frozen food for 2 years chemicals but she had no skimmer i was suprised i have one on my other tank i think i will get one eventually and it is such a simple tank it just has some pumps in it and a eclipes top no wet dry just the top she is a vet and is married to a lawyer they are moving to boston after they travel threw europe so she just wannted to give it to someone who would take good care of it and i was that lucky person well sorry for rambling im bored thanks Jester

Skimmers are almost a must with inverts. If you're very disciplined in feeding and changing water, then a skimmer may not be necessary. Certainly couldn't hurt anything. If you do decide to get one, go with a decent one - don't skimp. Good luck!

KG

does anyone know of a good one that will fit a eclipse top i have a skimmer in my sump on my other tank i dont know anything about the hang on ones thanks

Check out Marine Depot for sizes on Remora. Might be too big, but you never know.

KG

Back
Top Bottom