skimmer bad for corals?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Red44

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've noticed in the last week that my corals are all looking way better than when I had my skimmer on( I only keep it on at night because of the bad mirco bubbles) should I keep the skimmer running all day ? or keep on only at night? And if I should keep on 24 hr how do I get rid of the micro buubles?

most peopel keep it on all day, but alot of softies and leather corals do like a bit of nitrate in the water, but when you get into stonies and more demabding corals they like things as low as possible

Ok I'll run 24 hr after I find out how to get rid of all micro bubbles :$ it's been almost 2 weeks sense I glued the frags and it's still bubbleing:(

I run my skimmer all day long. I had issues with bubbles from mine when it was still HOB. It is now in the tank, since then my bubbles are gone (obviously) and my water has cleared up atleast 10 fold. My corals have are much happier. They are open and my duncan starting budding a third head :) I really think that it isn't a nitrate or bubble issue, if yours is like mine it might be adding some light restriction. Tossing it in the sump was the best thing I could have ever done.

Sniperhank said:
I run my skimmer all day long. I had issues with bubbles from mine when it was still HOB. It is now in the tank, since then my bubbles are gone (obviously) and my water has cleared up atleast 10 fold. My corals have are much happier. They are open and my duncan starting budding a third head :) I really think that it isn't a nitrate or bubble issue, if yours is like mine it might be adding some light restriction. Tossing it in the sump was the best thing I could have ever done.

Thxs if only I had a sump ;)

Easy to make and easy to set up. Only excuse to not have one is laziness IMO. Most would say space...but if I made it work it can work. And it didn't happen faster due to laziness.

Back
Top Bottom