Skimmer Box Idea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It would probably work although I don't see the need for the powerhead if you are intending to use it for a surface skimmer for a HOB protien skimmer. You'd defeat the purpose of having the surface skimmer by running the PH on it IMO. I wonder if one of the Aqua C surface skimmer boxes would work for you? They are already set up for a skimmer and are intended for use with a MJ1200 or, the larger model, with a Mag 3.

If you were intending to use it as an internal overflow skimmer, I wouldn't trust the suction cups to keep it attached. I'd probably add some kind of bracket or drill it for a nylon bolt just to be safe.

no not for a skimmer just a standalone skimmer box. i guess if you have top water circulation the water will just naturally go thru it. Since i dont have an overflow tho it would just be in the corner of the tank collecting surface scum. Also have a flat piece inside the box like acrylic with holes in it, kinda like a cheese grater to collect the surface gunk.

OK...hmmm...I'm not really sure how that would turn out. I guess you'd just have to try it and see how well it worked. You could always revert to using it as an in tank fuge if the skimmer thing didn't do what you wanted it to. So, it wouldn't be a loss either way.

Back
Top Bottom