Skimmer or refugium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xTradSKAx

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 28 gallon tank that currently houses a couple of clown fish, live rock, and a CUC with a number of hermit crabs, snails, etc.

I am not running a skimmer and have been doing regular WC with RO/DI water, but still have some phosphate and nitrates. I'm hoping to add some soft corals soon and I'm wondering if it's worth getting a skimmer or if I should mod my AC70 to house Chaeto. Currently the AC70 is just running with some polypads.

So I'm wondering what people's advice is on setting up the refugium vs. getting a nano skimmer? Such as what's better, more economical, what lighting would be best for the fuge or what nano skimmers are good for my tank size. Thanks in advance!!

You running a sump? Imo a skimmer on a tank that small is useless if your keeping up with your bible of water changes. A fuge would be the way to go, but theres a certain way to do so, an ac 70 would help a bit, but not enough to notice a didference. Theres a few articles on the net floating around talkkng about how big your fuge has to be compared to tank volume in order to prove its effectiveness as a sole type of filtration

Back
Top Bottom