Skimmer too clean Sea Clone 100

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishlips12

Aquarium Advice Activist
Does anyone have one of these skimmers and experiencing the same problem? I am in the 3rd day of cycling a 55g tank and the skimmer barely produces any thing. Perhaps maybe a 1/4 oz per day of slightly brown water and that is it. The main chamber of the skimmer is producing quite a bit of bubbles and I would think that I shlould get more from the skimmer especially with my tank having 70 pounds of uncured LR. Can anyone give me some advice on this? Should the foam or bubbles extend in to the catch cup?

TIA

I am in the 3rd day of cycling a 55g tank and the skimmer barely produces any thing.

Thats kind of normal. Skimmer wont produce anything if there is not much in the water to skim out.

I belive the directions for the skimmer you have say to adjust the ventri so the water line in the main chamber is just below the rubber gasket that seals the collection cup. Thats the line where the microbubbles should be. Larger bubbles will rise above that and eventually up into the collection cup.

Back
Top Bottom