Skimmer Trouble

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Viperboy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so my skimmer (Coralife CSS 65) has been working good and pulling out brown junk everyday .... but i have run into some issues with it and thought maybe i could get some help from someone who has one or knows what to do ..... issue number 1 - some days it will just be running normally and then when i wake up or come home i find it overflowing in the cup and this is bad since im using it HOB (this has happened like twice) does anyone know what causes this or what im doing wrong .... issue number 2- since im using it HOB ive had to pull the sponge up in the output box to keep big bubbles from going into my tank .... well now i think there are tons of little micro bubbles coming through the bottom slits of the output box and these look bad and could be bad for my tank i guess ..... i have it turned off now and have thought of maybe 2 solutions for this and if im wrong tell me what u think .... 1 find a way to hardware the skimmer up farther so i dont have to pull the sponge up or 2 find a bigger sponge and cut it to fit in there to go all the way to the bottom and up out of the output box some .... need any advice ... TIA

Ray

With regards to the overflow situation, i went to an autoparts store and bought 6 feet of rubber hose, which i hooked up to the drain-line on the bottom of the cup. I put the other end of the tubing into an old plastic 4 liter milk jug. The rubber hose cost me $4. Now i only have to clean out the cup once a week, and i empty the jug at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom