Sky's Newest 120g Adventure (pic heavy)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My YWG came out for a photo op which is insanely rare for him. He's such a shy fish! Since I changed the lights and powerheads he's been out and about a lot more.

img_3197388_0_f0a06cff5a0fadd27d56429e98ded3df.jpg

On a side note, the quiet drives seem to move a lot more water! Plus they are crazy quiet which is wonderful :)

Sent from my Galaxy S5 via the Aquarium Advice app.

I guess the EcoSmart drives were rated at 3200 gph and the new QuietDrives are rated at 4500 gph. I can't turn mine above 60% without blowing sand everywhere.

That's great. I didn't know that bit, only the rumors of the quiet drives being stronger. It's a good idea as some were skeptical of the product as them only being 'quieter'.

They absolutely are! I'll venture out and say that the EcoTech stuff I've gotten recently is some of the best equipment I've put on my tank.

My male clownfish died last night. I'm super bummed cause he was one of my favorite fish :-( a couple of days ago my wife noticed he was lethargic and just staying in the back corner of the tank which was unusual for him. He started to get worse, then I found him laying on the sand gasping. He didn't last more than a few hours after that. None of the other fish are having any sort of problems and he didn't have any physical signs of trauma or illness. I'm guessing there might have been an intestinal blockage of some sort since I've seen him recently eat some NLS pellets off the sand bed, but... that's just a guess.

To top it off, I've been fighting this scourge type of brown algae and the LFS diagnosed it as dinoflagellates today. Ugh...

Last edited:
Yeah I was pretty upset about it. He was an awesome little fish and had TONS of personality. The female keeps swimming back to where they would sleep too, I'm guessing she's looking for him. I'll get another one after everything with the tank settles down and gets back to normal.

On a good note it seems like the Dinos are a little less than they were yesterday. They've come off of part of my zoa colony thankfully.

The newest clownfish :) (The one with the smoother lines is the one I already had)

img_3230172_0_f00a2fce4073e3223f3ecdad3a05267d.jpg

So I'm kinda debating on getting a Leopard Puffer (not a green spot)... has anyone reading this had any experience with them? I know that I'd have to rehome my coral banded but that wouldn't be any heartbreak since he's a little jerk anyway.

Thanks in advance!

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+39+2909&pcatid=2909

Sent from my SM-T800 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Last edited:
I just read all the way through and I really liked it. This is a great thread :)

Thanks redsea! They do have fun patterns which is what drew me to them at the lfs. They're awesome little fish and seem to be doing great together! The newest one was pretty shy at first but is starting to show more of its personality each day.

Does anyone have any input on the puffer?

Meet Scooter! He's (I'm going with he but I have no idea on the sex) a Leopard Toby Puffer. Hes 9nly about 1.5" - 2" right now so he's still a little guy. I'm thinking of putting him in the 120g eventually, if I can ever catch the shrimp and move it to a different tank.

I'll get a better picture of him once he settles in more :)

img_3236361_0_36145e18dc01a9f30b01661fdc2227ec.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom