Sniperhank's UPGRADED 55 gal Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rockscaping 2 tanks and seeing how amazing the coral is was great. And then I see that my blue candy cane that I had months ago in my 36 is showing signs of recovery. It was almost fully bleached.

Oh, while I'm here...

FTS
img_1937143_0_dcf5cd5fb8dfded5d3c48610a02be1f4.jpg

Plate beside my scroll
img_1937143_1_88b6a4d03183e44b2fe4bcc85671f396.jpg

Added 2 blue and 2 orange rics to my ric rock, a candy cane, and a goniopora
img_1937143_2_36ee923f611c9e7721f4cf56670685d1.jpg

Hard to see hammer coral, will end up being moved to more flow later
img_1937143_3_217ee97e11773ae54177de89d4879c7b.jpg

My frogspawn. This variant's name starts with a c...don't remember
img_1937143_4_ebac01b2b5773fca1919ed13c1bea78b.jpg

My NEW blue symphodium. 200% more polyps than the last one atleast
img_1937143_5_d5b11ea11d589ae506f278876ee351b6.jpg

And my 36 freshly scaped
img_1937143_6_70f6b2bdefb28465963513032942b9e8.jpg

Just placed an order from reefs2go. My true last attempt with them. Used all of my coupons for DOA livestock and got a ton knocked off the price. But, I have a coral beauty, black goby, citron goby, and a green goby coming my way. Main reason for this purchase was for the CUC...lol. Also tossed in there their red ridge sponge, this will be my first sponge to try to not let it touch air..., and a red planet acro.

I hear they are hard to keep even for the best. Have you ever had one?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope. For 25 dollars I wanted to give it a shot. So far so good. There is also a difference between different types. The "true" ones, which are red, are difficult to keep. When you get the other ones they are easier, usually considered moderate difficulty. So my green one should be ok. Secretly wish it was purple, but it is a stepping stone.

Just placed an order from reefs2go. My true last attempt with them. Used all of my coupons for DOA livestock and got a ton knocked off the price. But, I have a coral beauty, black goby, citron goby, and a green goby coming my way. Main reason for this purchase was for the CUC...lol. Also tossed in there their red ridge sponge, this will be my first sponge to try to not let it touch air..., and a red planet acro.

Let us know how the livestock comes in from reefs2go.... I have had ZERO success with ordering from them. they seem nice enough but the products i received were still crappy. I dont think I have any zooa polyps left at all out of over 100 I was supposed to get.

You should really like the citron goby too, I have one and he is pretty cool. A big goby bit still cool. He perches alot on stuff, even powerheads so he's neat to watch.

Yeah, reefs makes me mad lol... But when I had SO MUCH in coupons from DOA stuff I used it when my reefer buddy needed pods. Really excited about the goby...and the other 2 as well lol. With every order I make I seem to make a "well, lets see if I'm ready for this" purchase. As discussed prior it was my goniorpa. This time it'll be the red planet acro. Now that the tank is really doing nicely I think SPS are in order, unlike the outcome with my pink sero...whatever it was that died with the mass murder of all my corals. Here after a couple of months I might end up doing a website review or something since I have been using so many sites due to living in BFN.

Yes it does have its tentacles out. It looks like crap everytime i take a pic of it. It got covered in sand once so i put it on a rock and it came right back out. I want it back into the sand bed, but dont want to move him too much in a short period if time. By weeks end ill find him a spot.

Update. Things going well atm. Going to do some research on sponges. I didn't expose it to air, but it is throwing off film like it's pissed off. Threw in a pic of the plate coral as I was actually able to get a good shot of it w/ its tentacles out. The coral beauty is doing fine as are the rest of the old tankmates. The black goby and red planet acro didn't come...store credit...UGH. So glad I pushed the shipment back a day for them... Citron goby died last night. Green goby was out and about, but gone again. Just can't find where he is hiding. He arrived much smaller then what I was expecting.

img_1946994_0_fb2c9171c8d2b36eb58962bbe5494750.jpg

img_1946994_1_6e625351af06b822a7546f4fd52e58e2.jpg

img_1946994_2_ecd09be4673e126a895c093426a4a9fb.jpg

I just got done working 28 hours. Time for tank maintenance. Came home to my flowerpot having falling over onto my plate coral. It is not happy. I moved him so it won't happen again. Hopefully he recovers. Flowerpot is fine, doesn't even seem to care. Side note on the flowerpot. When I got him he had a "skin tag" of polyps. It came off and was in the sandbed before I started working. I glued it down to a piece of rubble so it didn't get buried in the sand. I now have 2 flowerpots :D.

I spent a large amount of time scrubbing hair algae before my PWC. This stuff is growing old really quick. The new CUC was putting a hurt on it, but wasn't winning the war. After hitting it with the toothbrush I have faith that I'm back in control of the tank. With how dirty the water was after all of this, even after the PWC, I proved to myself that until this problem is under control I should not add any SPS. Guess its a good thing my red planet acro didn't come afterall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom