Sniperhank's UPGRADED 55 gal Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
looking good make sure the hammer is waving side to side like rocking instead of a linear flow in one direction.

I have never acclimatised a single coral to my system. I add coral dip to the water they come in then the SPS I leave on the side of my tank in fresh air for 5 minutes to slime up then in it goes it's no different to a tide going out they expel water in them and put a slime coat on to protect them from chemistry change.

LPS go strait in once out of there water.

Some may say that's wrong but I've had more success doing it like that then stressing them acclimatising and water cooling in the container they being acclimatised in may be different for other country's but here in UK ambient temps not always that hot even with heating on.

Also your plate coral myself personally would keep it low as that is going to grow out and shade what ever is below it and you going to loose a lot of coral real estate because of it

I've done it both ways. This time around I drip acclimated to ensure success. The coral already in there weren't acclimated at all.
What plate coral are you talking about? I haven't had one in over a year.

Oh, yeah That thing is all over...my first SPS coral. There isn't any moving them at this point. The top two accidentally broke in half...the lower guy was the size of a fingernail when I accidentally broke it off, now it's as big as the other ones. Every day I wish that I didn't put it in the tank, but it has been a trooper. That thing survived the tank going over 100 degrees for a handful of days before I realized it was happening.

Very nice additions. I'll probably order me an acro crab before too long, they are really cool especially for a smart invert fan as myself. I still haven't seen my bumblebee shrimp that I was so excited about though... ? The acros look good and that hammer is awesome. Is it a wall or branching?

Quick update off of my birthday. Was up in Erie and was able to put my hands on a yellow eye kole tang and what was a light green almost yellow frogspawn. Owner said it was hard to get the sub species in, so pretty excited to put it into the system.IMG_0641.JPG

Belated happy b'day mr hank , I love the yellow eye kole tangs ,..one of my favorites to see when snorkeling

Yeah, I had a discussion about how they never show up in my area. Always yellows and a random tomini. Glad I didn't buy the large tomini I saw on Friday as I reminded myself that I wanted a yellow eye. And now here I sit, patience being the victor.

No qt. Bad habit. But I haven't qt'd a single fish. Simply no room in my little home. If I was able I would do it.

Edit: it isn't disease I worry about, it's tank mates.

How'd it turn out with the meet and greet?

Happy belated Birthday. What a nice treat to find a couple things to add to the tank. Good move having patience. Can't wait to see the pics of things settled in.

Morning update. Looks like the territories have been established and might be in the clear. Only time will tell since I shook things up by putting seaweed in the tank.
IMG_0642.JPG
IMG_0643.JPG
Either way, both the kole and frogspawn have colored up great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom