Sniperhank's UPGRADED 55 gal Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
New corals look great! Actually every photo looked great! lol

I love road trips, the first thing I think of is "what fish stores will I get to visit"

I was google searching some alittle bit ago. Some really cool stuff. Maybe I'll even swing through Harrisburg and see what they have too! My tank is so full as it is. I made a shabby frag rack that is now taking up the middle of my tank. I sure don't want to move my trumpet since it is finally recovering...guess the flowerpot will need a new home!

I have been looking to upgrade my skimmer for awhile now. I think I will be going with a Bubble Magus or one of the Reef Octopus lines. I've read good things about both, and not really anything bad. They are both within my price range for my size tank, right around $400.
Now I just need to decide between the two, and have the available money.
The second being more difficult than the first! Been part time for over a year, at a place I've been for 16 years, with 2 kids. Thank God my wife has a good job!

I hear that! I'm glad I have a good job too. I spend a TON on my tanks...doesn't seem to be slowing down soon lol. I was looking online at frags at thatfishplace and house of tropical. Totally excited about all of it. Was suggested Today's Pets too since they have cheap corals/frags. Might have to upgrade the light on my 36 so it can support corals too.

Toss in an update for today. I increased the flow for my SPS and have it all going right above them. Overall, they are doing well. The Stylophora had a really odd white spot that just kept growing...i'm assuming soft tissue necrosis. I hit it with some glue and hopefully that will stop that in its tracks. Then there is the purple na na. It hasn't started regaining any color yet like the others. I haven't seen any polyp extension out of it like I have out of the other ones. Not quite sure why. I'll give it til tomorrow and maybe come up with a plan for it, not sure what to do with it as it is on the frag rack with everything else that is doing just fine.

Photo Update
img_1985112_0_03d21e255df9c8011133fc0ac810271b.jpg

img_1985112_1_d1620d537ede3d28c2715bbe210f3182.jpg

img_1985112_2_34e8ec60908ade3516c791b4074282f1.jpg

img_1985112_3_d84d8962686fbc9acad9b21c6cc577c2.jpg

img_1985112_4_128531b5ec248993241f662c42dff976.jpg

img_1985112_5_9b357462a6d90fbd3b954a0bd5bd0729.jpg

img_1985112_6_53a8a3ba0ad420ed4f4bbfc85028f779.jpg

Well tomorrow is the day. Sitting in harrisburg wasting away the night til i testify tomorrow afternoon. So im thinking, what king of addition should i look for? I was thinking maybe one coral since im getting pretty full now. Was also thinking about a bubble tip nem even though i swore id never own one lol. Id love an invert...but i kill them off so fast it prob isnt worth it. Input time for you guys!

I think you should get a Nem, for your clowns. There's a certain kind of satisfaction from seeing them host one. You feel like such a good parent!
I think the majority of your problem with inverts is coming from that farm above you. I would consider just getting your water from a different source, if possible. After thinking about your problems, I believe this to be your Achilles heal.
Good will hunting!!

I agree with the post above me, it's probably your water since everything else is pretty much top of the line. I understand how hard it would be to get pre made water for you though..

Maybe ill get the eater coming out of my ro/di tested. I got a guy wholl break it down for me if i make a couple calls.

Since the carpet nem is doing well if i see a bta ill prob jump on it. Depending on when court is over will lay out where ill go. Sadly thatfishplace is def out. Prob leaning towards house of tropicals. Heres hoping for a neat red one!

Lol I was close to there this weekend. That fish place is nice, but I actually like some of the stuff closer to me more. There was a really nice red metallic bta at oddballs a few weeks ago, I bet it is still there. Also a bright green one at aqua world.

It's metallic.. You gotta go ;)

Sheesh, didn't know it was 2 hours. Maybe there's someone on Craigslist who sells some nicer stuff?

Ok...so I just walked in the door. I stopped at House of Tropicals. Very happy. Spent...alot. No nem, they were all way to large for my tank. What I did get. I got an orange plating monti frag, a red symphodium to go with my blue, a cy...i dont remember its full name but carry has one and I had to have one so now I do, and a red polyp something or other...god I can't believe I forgot...I have been on the road for a really long time lol. Anyway, the last 2 are medium flow/medium light guys. They are encrusting as well. I'll talk more about them when I am atleast slightly rested tomorrow after work.

OH, I hadn't mentioned that I have been trying to figure out why my blue symphodium has been closed up recently. I got home and right there was the answer...nudibranch! Same kind that was nawing on my other one in the 36. He now lives in the refugium. Very glad I caught it before the new symphodium goes in. Which btw, I caught a mistake at the store, they had it labeled as a red star polyp. I corrected them, I was buying it anyway since I knew what it was, and they gave me 10 bucks off. Awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom