Sniperhank's UPGRADED 55 gal Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Steve silbernagel said:
Kinda a plus living in Florida. I just found out today that a friend of mine goes diving down in the keys and the Bahamas a lot. He told me that he's got a license to bring back fish and coral kinda interested to see if he brings me back something.

Wow, I'd be really interested in what it requires to get a license. I just can't see them giving them out to many people.

needmorecowbell said:
Wow, I'd be really interested in what it requires to get a license. I just can't see them giving them out to many people.

It's a big ordeal. Lol. And not cheap. Steve- who do you know that dives???

I've ordered my pods from reefcleaners in the past with good results. Not sure if they still carry the ones I got but it's worth a look.

I tried the "pod tank" for a few months and had pretty much no results. Had the filter, rock chaeto deep sand bed and put pods in several times with out getting much out of it. Eventually took it down and used the stuff for the refugium on my 125g. :) I did the pod tank cause I wasnt told when i bought my scooter dragonet that all they ate was pods and was not sure if i was gonna be able to get him onto frozen at the time so i figured it was worth a try.

My mandarin and scooter are both happy and eat frozen very well, even pellets too. It's been over a year that I've had them and they have grown so much and gotten fat too. lol

Interesting. I haven't had any good results with keeping them either...I'm already not impressed with the algagen stuff. The one bottle you could see pods in...the other 5 couldn't see anything. I just dumped them in anyway.

BUT, the other new additions...The periwinkle monti will wait until it's adjusted. Bad quality pics out of the phone today.
Banded serpent star
img_2062085_0_5711297535ac1c4cbca9697f00360c83.jpg

And the reason for all the pods...
img_2062085_1_7f3a5d9b2fcedca75c6ea6023fc35b67.jpg

Lol you said they weren't related whatsoever!! Well, just take good care of it, Id be hypocritical to say something, i fell into the dragonet trap too. Wasnt exactly my choice though, stupid lfs, and me being nooby of course.

AND what was asked for the FTS.
img_2062132_0_b22af7eddaf9df4fdf8386f6556397b8.jpg

And yes, I'm aware of the "trap". But I'm planning on doing this up well. Hopefully atleast. If these pods didn't do well then I'll try somewhere else's.

Sadly, it isn't. But thanks. You can even see the algae growth I'm battling 5 ft away from the tank and through the 8 mp camera on my droid... ugh, that stuff is awful and annoying.

Here's the periwinkle monti btw.
img_2062293_0_47814277eed84b228ed38b3e29da9ae5.jpg

Actually, you can only see that, I didn't see anything even with you mention it. Very pretty monti. But... Get a black background please!! Tanks look amazing with them.

It is something I've considered. I have one I taped on...but UGH. Awful. Maybe some flat black paint in a week or 2...can't do it this week because it is my niece's first birthday.

Well.. Awkwardly wish her a happy birthday from me ;)

I used flat black on mine and I like it, just know it all turns glossy in the end because it's Behind glass.

Ok, so mandarin is comfortable and the new monti is glued in place. Algagen pods...waste. Of the 6 bottles, I could see actual pods in one. My local buddy was making a reefs2go order...ugh...but man they do know pods...so I have 2k coming my way with her order. That should satisfy the mandarin for...a couple weeks until I need to order more unless the other pods surprise me and a population explodes.

I agree with cowbell. I won't trust the long distance shipping if I were u. From I've gathered from the most recent reviews. I'm 3 hrs south of them and I still won't order from them and don't fall for there buy get one free deal. It's a shame

Steve silbernagel said:
I agree with cowbell. I won't trust the long distance shipping if I were u. From I've gathered from the most recent reviews. I'm 3 hrs south of them and I still won't order from them and don't fall for there buy get one free deal. It's a shame

I've ordered close to 10k pods from reefs2go and have been very happy everytime. Although I wouldn't order corals or fish from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom