Sniperhank's UPGRADED 55 gal Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At night...
img_2238720_0_bf5a406b1fbe9693b6f09ab829b4427f.jpg

img_2238720_1_b2cfb54495a9c6a4d89f6e5853d8375a.jpg

img_2238720_2_2b8bb2dc247ec5071ebb1cc0bedbee9c.jpg

img_2238720_3_16e0691d4f3890304cf598094bedc271.jpg

img_2238720_4_cba33982e99954fefcc4b48741c8a2b0.jpg

img_2238720_5_0376041f63dd25982d7ac502c21c442a.jpg

img_2238720_6_3782e7b397178eeb73a15943b9419a4f.jpg

img_2238720_7_67bcee0ce32fab18267d671b6233d0a1.jpg

Tank does look great. I really like the look of the rock caves and overhangs. Much nicer than a pile of rock.

Thanks. That is the big benefit of Caribbean lr imo. It is either just a flat piece or large chunks full of holes. You should see the one in my 36. It's one piece, prob around 10 lbs, and is as long and almost as tall as the tank. Totally flat. Just couldn't break it up!

I am glad you guys think so. I neglect it and it needs more attention, more specifically my getting off my butt and getting my ro/di operational again. Hopefully do that tomorrow and start making several gallons. This distiller from Walmart is just feeding the algae.

Just want to say it has taken me a week to read this thread. And I want to say threw all that u have gone threw with these tanks and lights and skimmers and reactors and algae. Your corals look amazing and that you done a great job and keep it up I'm living my reef fantasy's threw your pics your tank is my dream only other thing I would want is an archer urchin good luck and keep the pics coming

Well, at one point in time I was going to add an urchin. Most just aren't reef safe. The one that I liked that was is the tuxedo urchin. The issue there is that it will steal polyps and such to wear. Yeah, I'd be upset if he ripped my blue symphodium up to wear. So no urchin.

As for today, I fixed my ro/di and mounted it. Currently down to .04 tds and slowly dropping. It was at .44 before I changed the resin.

All through this I have been rambling at my gf about resins, tds, my tank, what I want from my tank, and so on. God love her for listening to what it took you a week to read lol. It is going to be an odd feeling that here on Wednesday the tank will be done...just from lack of property.

The only current issue is once again the skimmer. It stopped skimming this week after it freaked out and overflowed. I believe I have adjusted it back to the correct spot, but we shall see.

I have had thoughts on adding another heater to the system. This one in the tank again. It was scary when I checked the temp when the sump went down and it was at 75 degrees. If it was actually cold and snowy outside I would have been in serious trouble.

The only other discussion is with the future tank. My mother works with glass, mostly stained. So I asked her to utilize her friends about drilling through tempered glass and if its possible. My dad believes that it is as long as you have the right drill bit. So if it comes down to me needing to, I will simply get a diamond tipped bit from brs and drill a tempered tank...prob run water over it while doing it to keep things cool. Either way, prob over thinking things and should focus more on maintaining what I have currently and enjoying it. I started a discussion with another member on her tank as it went from her display and flowed into another before going into the sump. I like the idea and could use it to flow into a frag tank. If my coral are going to grow this fast ill need it.

Here is hoping that Wednesday's order arrived alive and that I'm happy with the colors. If not, I'll need to find someone to trade with lol.

Yes u can drill a tempered tank diamond hole saw and have a hose wetting and go slow if u was closer I u could buy my spare 55 and drill it

Also check you tube I have wached a lot of let's just say not so smart people on there do it with out problems

No, I'd rather drink it. Anyway, picked up 2 emerald crabs and a double headed feather duster along with some more frozen food tonight. The emeralds were the size of my pom poms, never seen them so small. The dusters were amazing and white. They are a necessary purchase...totally not spontaneous...I'll post pics later but it was extremely healthy. It even opened up while acclimating.

The dt almost overflowed again today. I think the vibrations of the pump cause the ball valve to slowly open. Issue currently resolved...want drilled tank badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom