Sniperhank's UPGRADED 55 gal Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A week of rearranging and my plates being smaller than expected. Thank god they were usual sizes, rather than them being so much larger than expected like everything had been recently.

A week of rearranging and my plates being smaller than expected. Thank god they were usual sizes, rather than them being so much larger than expected like everything had been recently.

Ya cause we all hate so much getting corals bigger then we expected lmao.

And about a year into that one your gonna be saying "man I could use a 240" haha

I'm gonna have to just make a trip up in the spring to see your work in person and ill bring you some sample frags and maybe finally get my hands on a couple heads of your acans ;)

Indeed my friend, indeed. If I don't upgrade by then you'll get to see a real redneck project...if people could see how it is put together jaws would hit the floor. I have a box fan holding my flex pipe where it needs to be with a zip tie...LOL.

Tbh I'd say about 90% of the members on here have something redneck/ghetto rigged on their system that's just always right outside the frame of the picture lmao. I mean I got plastic hangars and overflow boxes converted into frag racks and Tupperware containers as tables for my skimmer and pump lmfao.

So, played EMT on the red star polyp. Fungus continues to consume it. Noticed that there were 2 polyps remaining that were opening. Busted out my frag kit and removed that small section and glued it down to one of the small frag rocks I have laying in my tank. Gave it a good dip in CoralRX and placed it back in the tank. The main infected rock has been removed. Simply threw it into the waste water bucket I always have beside my tank. I'll scrub it down either once the entire thing is dead or when I get around to disassembling the 36, since that is about 40 lbs that need scrubbed as well. Hopefully those 2 polyps pull through, it was a really nice look in the red over the normal green.

Minor addition. After taking the gf out to eat at red lobster, I couldn't stop thinking about lobsters and shrimp. Went right to Petco afterwards and left with a small cleaner shrimp. Currently acclimating.

Minor addition. After taking the gf out to eat at red lobster, I couldn't stop thinking about lobsters and shrimp. Went right to Petco afterwards and left with a small cleaner shrimp. Currently acclimating.

Cleaner shrimps are so entertaining to watch. Hope yours hangs out for you to watch.

Congrats on the new addition! I love Cleaners! I plan to get at least one when I setup another SW in a few months! "You know you are an aquarist when you take someone out to eat at Red Lobster and can't stop thinking about Cleaner Shrimp." LOL. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom