Sniperhank's UPGRADED 55 gal Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They prob will. It wasn't until after work hours I could send the email to them since I worked from 7-10 got my package at 3 and worked until midnight yesterday. They are good about giving credit for issues. My hope is I can just convince them to send me a new monti instead of credit.

During today's maintenance, I discovered something odd. My anemone (porcelain) crab has abandoned my rbta. I didn't think much of it besides seeing how big the anemone has looked over the last several days. I just saw the female clownfish rubbing itself in it, after all this time I might be closer to switching one symbiotic relationship to another.

Continued well being, besides the red hair algae growth in the refugium. It'll end up smothering out the red bone grass. I put a piece in the DT to save it.
The conch I added is doing a great job on the sandbed. Really impressed with it so far.
I was surprised by my plate coral. The purple one is finally coloring up again. Quite happy. I'll try to take some pictures tomorrow.
Only other recent thing is my continued wish to get rid of many of my corals. I just don't like the rics, mushrooms, and zoas like I did when I got them, just haven't really had time to do anything about it with working 60 hours a week. The wishing will continue for now.

Can't help you there lol in still using iPhone for pics. Going to invest in a camera in the near future & then ill be going down that rabbit hole as I've never really been into photography before.

So, quick trip through my LFS' today. Sebae's and a carpet anemone. Took alot not to walk away with a sebae, I always wanted one. It was helpful that they were purple rather than the blue ones.

If there is one thing I like to do, it is talk about my aquarium. This month, now that the weather has improved the skim has returned to the top of my tank. It is odd to me that this always happens during the summer and that my oversized skimmer doesn't pick it all up. Going to see if I can add one of the powerheads back into the system to stir that back up so it can get pulled into the sump/skimmer.
I'm also freeing up room on my sandbed again, and just in the tank in general, so I can pick up a couple coral from saltwaterfish.com...might also be watching an ebay auction and reefs2go has a 50 dollar credit on it as well...

Well, I stopped typing to feed/bathe my niece and lost my train of thought...did some more work on the tank and have created more surface agitation with the powerheads. Not enough IMO, so I moved my smallest powerhead to the middle of the tank to assist.
AND a bubble coral and a mystery premium brain coral are on their way to me. Asked for their delivery next week.

Edit: I forgot to mention, today when I got home from work my pal the marine betta had come out to say hello. As usual, unable to get a camera by the time it vanished again.

Ok. Continued updates and some pics. I have shut down the refugium. It is overwhelmed with the red hair as it strangled everything. I have trimmed everything out of the red bone grass and moved it into the display. I had to take apart the pump on my skimmer as it was clogged with algae. All algae has been removed.

And some updated shots of my favorites as I play with the white balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom