Sniperhank's UPGRADED 55 gal Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's the male and the rbta.

Looks good and that nem looks healthy! You could always go to pixlr.com free online photo editor and turn the blue down on the color balance. Thats what i use when actinics are driving the camera mad. Quick, easy, & free. Just an idea.

I have a few Occ clowns, How can I distinguish who's male/female? darker colors? Thicker lines perhaps

Looks good and that nem looks healthy! You could always go to pixlr.com free online photo editor and turn the blue down on the color balance. Thats what i use when actinics are driving the camera mad. Quick, easy, & free. Just an idea.

Putting sunglasses infront of the camera lens will tone things down on the blue side. Here are a couple pics taken with and without the "Oakley" filter.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391532161.737569.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391532224.164862.jpg

As you guys get a little older you'll forget where you put them last or even if you bought a pair in the first place !!! Lol,...sad but true

I already forget about them. When my parents moved into my grandmothers house once we remodeled it, I kept an old pair of my dad's aviators from when he was my age, at the time. They are in the sunglasses holder in my car and this topic helped me remember their existence.

Minor update before water change day. I did some little things here and there in the tank as my 2 back powerheads have begun getting pretty clogged with algae. I only got to the one, but I ended up moving it to the other side of the tank. This leaves the MP40 on one side, with 3 koralia on the other of various sizes. I did this because my rbta has been doing...to well. He was growing almost into it without moving. Once I moved the powerhead, it opened up even further.
I also pulled one of the 2 macro algae's off of where they grew out of. I glued it down to the empty conch shell in the tank. Just trying to move things around so they make sense more, and in reality didn't want to dig around for frag rocks for it. There is one left that is currently overwhelmed by the anemone...goal might be to move it as well.
Tomorrow's goal is to take out the birds nest and trim a ton out of the back and bottom to get rid of all the dead and algae covered pieces. See what is left of this bad boy when I'm done...probably come out with several frags with how clumsy I am with this thing.

So, today for my birthday I decided to take a trip. I went to Sea Cave in Erie. I was pleased with the trip and shop. Some real nice stuff. They were slightly lacking in new livestock, but let's be honest, the weather has been murder on us and they just aren't shipping ATM. I almost left with a tuxedo urchin. Always wanted one. But I did leave with a handful of caulpera, which you can see below freshly out in my sump, and a wonderful maxima clam. Acclimated the clam and had to rearrange things to accommodate. I'm such a sucker for clams. This guy is much larger than the other maxima I have and I'm expecting good things. Hopefully I can get a better shot after work.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392165618.964775.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392165634.012262.jpg

So, today for my birthday I decided to take a trip. I went to Sea Cave in Erie. I was pleased with the trip and shop. Some real nice stuff. They were slightly lacking in new livestock, but let's be honest, the weather has been murder on us and they just aren't shipping ATM. I almost left with a tuxedo urchin. Always wanted one. But I did leave with a handful of caulpera, which you can see below freshly out in my sump, and a wonderful maxima clam. Acclimated the clam and had to rearrange things to accommodate. I'm such a sucker for clams. This guy is much larger than the other maxima I have and I'm expecting good things. Hopefully I can get a better shot after work.

Snipe hbd,are you going to leave the strainer full of clerpa in the sump?? I have had 3 clumps get sucked in to the filter and am constantly fighting to keep it situated

Of course I am! How would it get pulled into any pumps with it being confined in the strainer? Keep in mind the strainer is being loosely held in place by old powerhead attachments and not just floating around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom