Sniperhank's UPGRADED 55 gal Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Took some time and frustrations, but were set up and rolling! I'm going to try one of the preprogrammed schedules for awhile to see how it goes. Maybe see an improvement, who knows.
And for fun, some pics of sweeper tentacles keeping the birds nest at bay. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399421056.443257.jpg

Looking good I just got one wp40 for my 55 I love it but for my softies it's a bit much I'm going to be setting up my 100 gal in a few months so I'll be buying another one I will be going for a tank like yours hank

I have a 45 gallon tank and I run an mp40 and a koralia 6, I run the mp40 about 80-90% up on reefcrest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iv just got mine running on a constant flow I had it on the pulse and it made my corals rock to much like my leather and it got annoyed so I went with just straight up flow

That's interesting. I have a small mushroom leather basically in front of the one mp40 and it is happy as a clam.
Speaking of clam, hasn't started fully opening back up yet, but the mantle is fully extended on the derasa. Looks like it was the coral beauty all along. I'm suspecting a similar issue with one of my pocilopora...which is right above the clam. On my days off, I'm going to figure out how to move things around so I can make a larger 'cage' for the clam incase it is stopping it from fully opening...though it doesn't appear to be at this time.
While doing all of this, I have continued watching over my orange Montipora Setosa. Really cool monti if you've never seen one. Pretty slow growing...but it decided to grow into the shade of one of my overhangs and the one branch was bleaching. I gently moved things, which broke afew chunks off of the marshall island latana on the other side of the rocks, and it should be fine...but I did decide to frag a small chunk off and secured it to the rock holding down the clam's cage for the time being.

Setosa is probably my favorite monti in my tank. It grows pretty quickly though but you can't beat it's growth pattern or orange color.

Quickly? It's the slowest grower in my tank... I have 4 monti in the tank which make it look like a slug...especially the marshall island latana that is eventually going to need addressed for it's size.

Haha yeah it outgrows all my montis except my purple digi. Where do you have yours located?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom