Sniperhank's UPGRADED 55 gal Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine is alittle stained now that u mention it but its in my newly installed sump so I don't care. All I need now is a reactor

I am having phosphate trouble. The api test kit shows almost a .25 reading. It's way out of control and without a reactor the media doesn't do anything

Well, I got suckered in by saltwaterfish.com's 25 buck deals again. God I love them. got 2 more double rics, blue and orange this time, a green plate, new blue symphodium, candy cane, 2 headed torch, and a green goniopora. Debating on which tank I should introduce them too. I'm thinking that I have the 55 back under control aside from the hair algae that is growing on my rocks atm. If I had a CUC larger than 2 blue hermits and like, 3 snails that wouldn't be an issue...and it def won't be an issue once my new rocks are done curing and the pump in there will start powering my dual reactor. I ALMOST got a Grube's Gorgonian...I wanted it pretty bad lol. I'll try a gorgonian that will feed off of light later on.

img_1932693_0_f95c1a411a7a69b8bfaf2acacfe2d590.jpg

Here's my FTS. Have a small leak from my overflow. It is either the flexhose or how it is connected. And my aqualifter stopped pumping. Not that I'm concerned...just a smaller mess on my floor. Tried to fix it and flooded my sump...it can keep running with a bucket under it.

All under control. I had so much crap scrubbed off in my tank it clogged the pre filter and was acting weird. I moved the ric and scroll into the 55 at lights out. Duncan is staying put. Him and his 5 mini bristles are too cool to move atm.

I bet!! I love the anticipation I get from an order, I bet I track it 3 times a day till it arrives!! OCD....maybe, but It's fun.

Came home and fed the fish today after physical therapy. The duncans are looking great since I adjusted the flow. They obviously need more, but that will come when I move them over to the 55. As for the the scroll and rics that I moved over, the rics are doing great and I finally have polyp extension from the scroll! That was obviously a flow issue as well. So I gave the duncans some mysis and added some Fuel to the 55 for the scroll to see how it works...then realizing that the bottle I bought was already opened! So I added some marine snow ontop of that. Already have a hair algae issue in the 55, so what is the worst that can happen right? Lol.

Checked the ammonia/nitrite on my curing LR too. Since the smell was gone, I figured I was doing well. No ammonia and barely any nitrite. Should be able to aquascape this weekend.

Finally some good news! It sounds like you are getting things straightened out and it's becoming a successful tank. Congrats!

Thanks. Hopefully when I test my curing rocks tomorrow when I get off work they will be ready to go into the tank. It is some really great looking rock. Will be sad to see it covered in hair algae...but until I get my reactor going that issue will be ongoing due to my RO/DI filters needing changed. Having a real CUC will help with that too.

Got the email saying my coral has shipped, I will also have it tomorrow. Pretty excited. Looks like spending time with the significant other will be aquascaping and coral placement lol.

Man, you guys jinxed it! I came home and heard my return pump as soon as I got out of my car. It was dry as a bone and all the water was in my DT. THANKFULLY it was able to hold the water that was pumped out somehow...Unknown amount of water on the floor. Either way, sump setup has been removed for the time being. Heater has been moved into DT. Probably a plumbing issue and I know exactly where, at my T-off for the stupid dual reactor. I'll prob end up redoing the entire plumb job so it is straight and not getting fancy. I'll run the reactor off my spare return pump as planned directly out of the sump. Close call on this one.

Great day indeed. Who cares about that refugium thing. Doesn't seem I do. My live rock was cured, so into the tank it went! My 55 looks amazing with all caribbean live rock.

Wait, there's more?! For a limited time only, for the first 10 callers, I also got my coral from saltwaterfish.com. I just want to say, I am more than impressed. For 25 dollar corals, I got more from them than I did from liveaquaria...

AND I HAVEN'T TAKEN ANY PICTURES SO YOU MUST WAIT. lol

Wow, close call !!
Simple is def better when it comes to plumbing.
Pump didn't burn up?... lucky!
Hope everything goes well Hank!

Sniperhank said:
Great day indeed. Who cares about that refugium thing. Doesn't seem I do. My live rock was cured, so into the tank it went! My 55 looks amazing with all caribbean live rock.

Wait, there's more?! For a limited time only, for the first 10 callers, I also got my coral from saltwaterfish.com. I just want to say, I am more than impressed. For 25 dollar corals, I got more from them than I did from liveaquaria...

AND I HAVEN'T TAKEN ANY PICTURES SO YOU MUST WAIT. lol

You're so mean to make us wait for pictures! I'm glad you had a good day of rockscaping!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom