Sniperhank's UPGRADED 55 gal Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Order from SWF is here! 3 pom poms, red bone grass, flame angel, fire shrimp, and a purple rimmed plate. Here are pics. Bone grass is as large as my birds nest. Everything else is adjusting...I hope the plate comes out well, always seeing the skeleton worries me and I don't have a good plate coral track record. It is huge though!
img_2209414_0_dd5cceab48a31404f30ee8c99ffe111c.jpg

img_2209414_1_edd7d1f496787e6865e3677304fb197d.jpg

img_2209414_2_caaed7cd4a3cb97dd856218147322198.jpg

img_2209414_3_b2ee91ad7bfde80a2167df3c0056fd5e.jpg

img_2209414_4_5945513098e8ce462bc5fd2a97b7962a.jpg

img_2209414_5_55fd9c03cc7a27c17aeba82c660e8016.jpg

img_2209414_6_0e9060f5b57b40a7a020a5043bf994f9.jpg

All I know is that it is a purple rim. The mouth is purple too. Even in the advertised picture the rest looked white and skeletal...that obviously isn't realistic and the pic was taken when it was stressed out.

Bearchumjs said:
Oh wow! That's lovely! I'll trade you my little monti (my husband calls it a potato chip-LOL!) for your purple plate!

Hahaha my mom called mine a chewed piece of gum. But now she doesn't, they grow fast!

Nice additions!! Is one of the Pom poms carrying eggs? I thought it looked like one's carrying an orange-red sack of eggs.

Beengirl said:
Nice additions!! Is one of the Pom poms carrying eggs? I thought it looked like one's carrying an orange-red sack of eggs.

Yes, that is my assumption that it is carrying eggs. Kinda cool. Too bad I never see them.

Sniperhank said:
Yes, that is my assumption that it is carrying eggs. Kinda cool. Too bad I never see them.

My Pom Pom has arrived eggs twice, but I'm assuming they get eaten after release cuz I've not had any babies. I love my Pom Pom, just wish I'd get to see her more.

Not the flame angel. I have a coral beauty in my reef tank. The flame is in the tank with my snowflake eel.

So, tested my alk again today. 89 ppm. So, that is almost 5 dkh. Don't know why I can't get it to go up where it needs to be. Though there are obvious improvements since I began dosing.

Nothing really new to update. Things look to be going well. I'm still hoping that the plate coral colors up more, the purple mouth and rim with a white center is just alien to me...but it is how it was pictured when i bought it. Any insight on how to get its tentacles to come out? Thinking about feeding it when I do my sps.

Another neat thing that I didn't really notice is how my rocks aged. I got used to how they looked. The one rock that I got in my original order was ghost white. Today it is grey with coraline growing. All of my rocks are like that now, even the amount of algae growing on them has increased. Debating if I'm worried about it. Just looking around the tank, there are little red hairs growing on one, little brown balls of hair on another, and so on. The only concern is the hair algae growth I'm noticing around the tank. To combat, I changed and increased the amount of GFO earlier this week.

Just placed an order with reefs2go. They had a nice deal on a CUC, which also lead for me to buy the BOGO pods, BOGO lettuce nudibranch, and more alk suppliment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom