Sniperhank's UPGRADED 55 gal Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So today I've continued to test the alk. It is looking like I'll need a fluid ounce a day to keep alk at 7. Still early though and will keep testing as daily as I can. Also, no sign of the purple firefish. So that guy is gone. Expensive food for the starfish. Too bad. Hopefully I find someone to fill that "empty fish spot" here at some point.
Yashai hasai time! Cool little guy with all kinds of personality. Plus they are super chill and have all kinds of personality. My bros will come right up to the glass, and spit rocks out.

Had a nice trip today, ending in endless shrimp. Not much there to do with the tank, but I got to stop at my lfs'. The petco actually had an indigo dottyback, which i was surprised to see. Almost got it, but it was kinda skinny. At the other, there was a beautiful blue spotted puffer. I wanted it so bad, but obviously can't add it to the tank with a clam in it.

Goes back to my post from this weekend, just before I ordered this guy. Blue spotted puffer. Beautiful. Totally wanted it, but knew they like clams. They say with caution, but I already have the marine beta that keeps me away from shrimp so why not? Would be totally doable and probably more safe than my coral beauty, who I'd part with in a heartbeat.

On my last shift for the week. Incoming aquarium days. I'm hoping to take some pictures of the system since it has been awhile. Maybe spark some more interest in the thread. It sure has turned into a long one.

I rearranged my sump last week since the skimmers pump got clogged with algae. I also turned out the light. Things are under control I said. Hooray for resin and chemical filtration. The stuff started growing in the display. I noticed it on the power heads. Light is now back on and hoping for the best. I'm thinking that there is a need for a larger sump, Rubbermaid style possibly. A 20 long has turned to be too small with my massive skimmer. Still thinking about it lightly since I'd rather upgrade my house so I can upgrade the entire build.

Well, the clam is doing well. Sadly, some of my corals are not.
My meteor shower, hexagon brain, open brain are all receding. No clue why. Phosphates are at .06. and alk is back at 76...can't keep the alk stable so I'm stopping dosing. It is about a week of recession, but these coral haven't been looking the best recently. Unsure why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom