Sniperhank's UPGRADED 55 gal Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally got around to doing it...ordered a new overflow. New 800gph overflow. With headloss a great fit to the return pump already running. Added into my order two holders for the aqua lifters I have on my tank that I've wanted for awhile and new sponges for in the overflow. That'll give me some room to clean them better. Didn't want to drop the cash, but it's done.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I finally got around to doing it...ordered a new overflow. New 800gph overflow. With headloss a great fit to the return pump already running. Added into my order two holders for the aqua lifters I have on my tank that I've wanted for awhile and new sponges for in the overflow. That'll give me some room to clean them better. Didn't want to drop the cash, but it's done.

Re. Dropping the cash ....Sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do to keep things happy

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

The stuff from BRS arrived today. The new overflow is a monster. Hopefully I'll have time on my days off to tackle this task...along with being able to use the flextube that is already there. We'll see as that battle comes around.
It also came with two aqualifter holders and 6 new sponges for in the overflow. After a couple of years, the one and only sponge I've had is looking really, really beat.
In other news, I felt like searching eBay yesterday for coral. Just because work has been beating me down and I wanted to bring myself up. So, I set a couple of coral to watch. I always try to make sure they are from the same seller, in case I actually decide to bid and win more than 1 thing I can save on shipping. One of the auctions ended at 9. Billy clubs they are called. And they will be all mine.

The stuff from BRS arrived today. The new overflow is a monster. Hopefully I'll have time on my days off to tackle this task...along with being able to use the flextube that is already there. We'll see as that battle comes around.
It also came with two aqualifter holders and 6 new sponges for in the overflow. After a couple of years, the one and only sponge I've had is looking really, really beat.
In other news, I felt like searching eBay yesterday for coral. Just because work has been beating me down and I wanted to bring myself up. So, I set a couple of coral to watch. I always try to make sure they are from the same seller, in case I actually decide to bid and win more than 1 thing I can save on shipping. One of the auctions ended at 9. Billy clubs they are called. And they will be all mine.

Those are some nice looking zoo's. Nothing like a good ol' pick me up!

Zoas will arrive tomorrow. Tomorrow I also have to get some PVC to plumb the new overflow since it is larger than the old and needs 1' pvc. Be a lot of stuff to get accomplished as I probably won't get home from work until 5...

Well, time with the new overflow and plumbed it up really nicely. Didn't want to put a 90 on there, but just couldn't do it any other way. Turned out pretty nice I think.

And then there are my new zoas. The billy clubs are pretty nice, but one of the 7 heads that showed up is either a morph or a different zoa. Haven't inspected too closely.

Well, time with the new overflow and plumbed it up really nicely. Didn't want to put a 90 on there, but just couldn't do it any other way. Turned out pretty nice I think.

And then there are my new zoas. The billy clubs are pretty nice, but one of the 7 heads that showed up is either a morph or a different zoa. Haven't inspected too closely.

Wow, those are nice, awesome pick up :D

Glad everyone else likes them. I can't wait to see how they start growing out. The one 'different' one is really neat too. I've never had zoas like this, neatest things I've had before were orange bam bams. They are pretty neat too, as I have them in different spots in the tank since I broke the frag up and let the current take them to where they land.
In other news, has anyone seen that flame scallop? I sure can't find him, alive or dead.

Oh, and I forgot to add. The new overflow sits much lower in the tank than the old one. New water level is lower and the birds nest is officially out of room to grow...up atleast.

Did some minor maintenance on Monday. Had to clean the skimmer as some algae got sucked into the pump. I must say, it is much easier to take the pump apart on this guy than it was for the reef octopus.
I was also able to clean up the small powerhead in the middle of the tank. This has resolved my small chunk of cyano that was in the tank, so quite pleased there.
Currently, working 6 days a week has taken much of my time away from the tank, so not many observations or pictures or anything cool at all...I ended up moving the new zoas to a different spot as only 2 of the heads are opening currently. Haven't seen improvement, and hoping it is just because I only see a small snapshot of my tank during the day currently. I also need to find a new spot for the chalice as I think it might be starting to bleach some. The lighting should be great for it, in the sandbed and off to the side of the Radion...I really need to turn them down some again, as Ecotech recommended. See what happens after that.

Man, 6 day work weeks sure have kept my hands out of my tank. So the only logical thing to do is go tactical on the tank today!
Most of the battle has taken up a ton of the posts in this thread, vermetid snails. Cost me the most, if not all, of my periwinkle montipora...REMOVED. It appears there is some life left in a part I was able to keep in the tank. I also just started removing everything I could regarding their life.

Though, that is just a tiny guy. I found tons of them hiding in a place I for a long time suspected...which was also REMOVED.

I broke a piece off, as well as the original base from this monster and glued it together. let me tell you how much of a difference things look now, just excuse the blues as it's almost lights out.

I had been pretty upset over the coco worm finally passing away. I really liked mine, and will probably get one again in the future. But, what on earth could make me happy you say? Why, finding my other filter feeder I thought vanished.

That is a birds nest bigger than your head that is now in the trash. Was filled with them and all kinds of algae. All but the top 1/3 was alive, and still strewn with algae.

dang that's tough man, [moderator edit] vermetids!

Last edited by a moderator:
I had one that was on my ric I was lucky enough to find it just before it killed my hot pink pocci I ended up putting coral glue over its hole

I noticed in my gsp that half of it was dying off so I pulled it out this weekend and actually pulled Alot of vermtid snails out of it. They are everywhere.

Went out to simply get some mysis as I ran out. Came back with some and rotifiers. Add an elk antler for my dog and things are getting interesting. Then...a 'moonstone' coral and a oulophyllia. Odd considering the oulophyllia is called a moonstone...but the moonstone looks like it is a frag of a worm brain to me. Busy screwing with my Radion schedule so not to murder these beauties. One thing I am going to do as well with the Radions is take out the red.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom