So what next?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cool I was planning on getting the reed octopus on sale at marine depot this Friday. But they stopes the sale :( so I will wait to see what happens

Question though. When I bought my fish tank off of craigslist (the guy had two tanks over 300 gallons and they we beautiful so I know he's good) the guy gave me two 5 gallon buckets of live sand still in tank water he said he was using in his tank. Do you think it will be alright to use in my tank and fuge? The catch is that it's been sitting in my basement for a few weeks in the buckets.

E-rock said:
Question though. When I bought my fish tank off of craigslist (the guy had two tanks over 300 gallons and they we beautiful so I know he's good) the guy gave me two 5 gallon buckets of live sand still in tank water he said he was using in his tank. Do you think it will be alright to use in my tank and fuge? The catch is that it's been sitting in my basement for a few weeks in the buckets.

Would recommend rinsing the crud out of it before u use it.

What would be the best way to rinse a bucket of live sand?... If it's still live

What would be the best way to rinse a bucket of live sand?... If it's still live

I would be surprised it is still alive. No expert but from what I have read here, I was a fool for paying for "Live Sand" that came in a sealed bag and was recommended by the LFS. The live rock you add will seed the sand and return it to a live state while the tank cycles and over the first couple of months. Washing the sand makes sure you get rid of all the nasty stuff that may mess with your tank in the future. (I am really getting good are repeating all the stuff the experts say. :) To bad I didn't check with them before I wasted all that money).

Any other thoughts I have been getting mixed feedback? Thanks your responding though

Back
Top Bottom