Some Advice Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chapman

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ok. So I am looking at getting back into fish. I came across a used 75g reef ready bow front for $300. The set up includes many the tank and many accesories, pumps, sump, chemicals, fish, etc. Here are my questions...

1. Do you think this is a good deal?

2. As someone who has only experience with freshwater, is it feasable to relocate the tank and keep the fish alive? Will they make it thru the relocation and wait while i get the tank reset up?

3. If there is not a way to keep the SW fish, could i convert a reef ready tank back to fresh water?

4. How would the reef ready part work with fresh water? Could i use a canister filter?

Your advice is greatly appreciated!

1, Yes, seems like a good deal as long as the tank looks like it is in good condition

2, How far is the relocation, hour drive, or hours?

3, convert back to freshwater, why o why would you want to do that :eek:p

4, I'm not sure exactly what you're asking

There are lots of posts on here on transport, but basically you'll want to keep a lot of water. Assuming there is live rock you'll want to keep them in a tub submersed in the water, preferable with a heater and air circulation. You'll bag the fish and have them floating in the heated water. It is recommended that you remove all the sand and start out new. As long as you have the live rock, you can use dry sand, just be warned that it may cloud up a lot in the process. So you'll add the sand, water, rock, and fish. As far as filtration, your LR is your main filtration. Power Heads to get the flow you need in the tank.
Good Luck.

Back
Top Bottom