some new stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stevefromga2000

Aquarium Advice Freak
i haven't posted a picture of my tank since i first joined, but now i have added a couple things. i have added my two powerheads, my protein skimmer, and about 5 new rocks. anyways, i just wanted to see what everybody thinks.

Coming along I see. You gonna stick with that crushed coral substrate, huh? Looks scary to me. Good luck.

Need some rock now with more character. Stuff that can give you swim thru areas a 4 or more inches off the bottom.

Have fun!

Nice, but I agree with austinsdad, that substrate might cause some problems. Definitely have a cave, maybe a "tower" on the other side.

i can't find any sand here. and it's really expensive to ship here. it gets so cold and most of the time here is winter time, so there isn't any sand for sale here. i am still working on the rocks, the ones that i have are full of holes for my fish to swim through, now i'm going to stack them up on top of each other.

I'm a newbie and would like to add that substrate is very important. If you are going to spend money on live rock why not go with out the pebbles if you cannot get AG substrate. What is you filtration like? How many fish do you plan on having. The bio load could become difficult to deal with. I don't mean to be negative at all. Just wondering where you are going with your project.

my project started out very simple. i just wanted a saltwater aquarium. now that i have one set up, i am slowly adding the new stuff that i realize that i need. i just found a place that will ship sand to me for very cheap, but it will take about 2 months or so. so hopefully here soon i will be ordering that. i already have 8 chromis in the tank, but that's it. once i am ready for some more fish, i am going to take some chromis back. there are the 8 fish, a chocolate chip star, and a coral banded shrimp. like i said, very basic, but i continue to add whenever i can. oh yeah, and about 8 or 9 snails. lately i have been saving for my skimmer, which i just got put in not too long ago, and next is new lighting. then i will worry about new or different fish.

Back
Top Bottom