some of the best sw starting animals?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hc8719

Aquarium Advice Addict
im just curious if i ever get around to setting up a sw tank, what fish makes a great beginner fish?

I agree, damsels are very hardy, but tend to get more agressive as the get older.

Really we need to know what size and type tank to give you a good answer. Do you have any ideas what your plans might be.

i meant easy fish in general, but i have a 55gal and a 20 gal although i dont think it'll be long before we get a 75g or 125g.

this is gonna take some time, even if i do get the tank now, but i'd like to put some not incredibly expensive coral and LR. i do have my doubts on coral if im going to have to buy an abnormally expensive light system.

but some simple fish when i get around to it, eventually maybe a regal blue tang, yellow tang, (and is it juvinile angel fish that are incredibly beautiful, but grow out of it?)

im sure a clown fish too, every beginer has one right?

then maybe some emerald crabs or pistol shrimp

Here are some that liveaquaria.com considers fish for beginners:
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/scateg.cfm?pCatId=1926
I'm not sure how they determine that these are for beginners but those are their recommendations.
this is gonna take some time, even if i do get the tank now, but i'd like to put some not incredibly expensive coral and LR. i do have my doubts on coral if im going to have to buy an abnormally expensive light system.
I'm not a "reefer" so i can't really tell you much about corals, other than some can take less light than others. If you are looking to save some costs, a mixture of base rock and LR will save you a pretty penny.
im sure a clown fish too, every beginer has one right?
My preference is the yellow stripe maroon one, but they tend to be agressive.
then maybe some emerald crabs or pistol shrimp
I like the pistol shrimp/goby combo. Here are some that possibly will have a relationshp:
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/scateg.cfm?pCatId=1852

ive checked out liveaquaria, thanks.

sw fish arent really that hard if you know how to take care of fw fish, i know you need a hydrometer, and a protein skimmer. right?

A refractometer is a better tool instead of the hydro. Skimmer, depends on if you want reef or not.

Back
Top Bottom