Sponge filter- Please help me assemble

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

prissysmom

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok folks. I have been looking online and I think I have all the right parts.
I'm so bad at putting things together. Could yall please look at what I bought and tell me if I have everything and maybe how to put it together? This is for my 10g quarantine tank.

I have an air stone
check valve
foam
tube
air pump
powerhead

Thank you so much!

Attachments

• IMG_2929.jpg
    IMG_2929.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_2930.jpg
    IMG_2930.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 81
because reading through threads and if you google "sponge filter" everyone talks about making your own and how it's so easy. Does anyone know how?

I don't want to waste this stuff I bought

Some of the directions don't explain in depth so then I would look at multiple sites for directions but none of them would match on the set up and I'm not very good at figuring it out since I'm new.

One problem I am having is that I have this book (The New Marine Aquarium) and it says put LR in your quarantine tank but everywhere I've read it says don't do that. So I read online and that's where I kept hearing about doing a "do it yourself" sponge filter.

and none of the websites match in their directions. Some even use gravel in a canister in the set up. So I figured I would come here and see if anyone here had done it.
I

I bought the "Aqueon Basic" kit (10g) and it does have a filter in it. Should I just use that? It's a 4 stage HOB filter. I plan on keeping my QT tank running all the time.

lol its fine, but m guessing you spent more on al of those different things than you would have if you had bought the penn plax thing

Back
Top Bottom