Sps dosing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also do you guys have any advice for this guy? He was in middleish of tank but he started to loose color after about a year and started to bleach so i moved him down to my sand bedImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414108132.915949.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Lack of lighting? I have 165watt led right above him running at 100%? So move him up? I thought they liked to be down low and lower flow?

Well actually blies are 100 and whites are 95% just looked, so leave it at bottom then?

I was running at 80 and i was told to go up?

I'd want to aim them at around 75%, but I'm not an expert just reflecting what I have been told about LEDs from manufacturers and that they penetrate water extremely well.
The color of the corals in my tank are dulled from how strong they are, as well as phosphate levels. They are going to be turned down again some when I get a chance.

Turn them down slowly? Right? And what should i look for? Say bleaching meaning this or browning meang that? Like more or less light

Yeah, I'd do 5% a week. Hopefully it pulls through. Bleaching can come from too much or too little light. The more light will bleach and kill quite quickly if not properly acclimated to such an intensity.

Im also running my lights on this schedule

Blues on 10am-11pm
Whites 12pm-9pm

Too much? Thinking of adding 2 hours to the whites so they would be at 11am-10pm. Any ideas?

I'm asking because if you had a water quality issue, you would probably see it with the anemone. Splitting is a sign of stress, so take that into consideration. It's generally not a good sign. That it's retained color and is getting larger is a good sign though. Maybe the initial change from the store to your tank created the stress.

I have read that there is really no evidence that the water quality is bad when a nem splits, there is a lot of different opinions on that but no hard factual proof. Some say its good some say it's bad. When I started doing my own w/c making my own t
Ro/di my tds was 0ppm and I was using red sea pro salts, my Ben split into 3 and about two weeks later I noticed all my corals taking off and starting to do much better so I'm confused about this to be honest.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

just because you perform water changes with rodi and a good salt doesnt ensure good water quality or that there was not an equal stressor.

I've heard that you can get ammonia if it's present in your tap but what other things can get through your rodi to cause poor water quality?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

well just because your doing water changes, it doesn't mean you have no nitrates or anything. you could still have tonnes but not be changing enough, understand?

Back
Top Bottom