Sps dosing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Birdsnests are not good at adapting their zooxanthellae to different lighting. That could be why rapid tissue necrosis occurred.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You think any of the frags would recover? One guy said his bleached out completely and he left it in there and it came completely back in 2-3 months

So the new test kit came in and i tested alk, and it came out reading 7.3. Love how accurate these are. Deff witching over to all test kits. Just wanted to make sure. Add 4 drops of this ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414443317.203063.jpgthen using this you add drop by drop right?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414443339.871915.jpgbut what is this bottle for? Has no instructions on the paper for itImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414443372.585347.jpg

The last bottle is check solution. If you test it it should come out to whatever the number is on the bottle, I'd think. Never used those test kits.

I try to keep mine around 8 but 7.3 is fine. Now monitor it for a week to see how much you lose daily.

Any ideas on how to make my corals color pop more? How to get more color out of them?

Low nutrient levels will make the color come out and be less brown. If not acclimated to new lighting well colors can also be dulled for a period of time.

How long does the period of time last? I can say i have low nutrients for now (knock on wood)

Depends on what it was exposed to. Think of the color in your corals like a sun burn. There are several degrees, each taking different times to heal and if severe enough can kill.

This isn't the only way to make things pop though. Painting the back glass of my tank black did amazing things for how I see my coral. Same can be said about the color spectrum from your tanks lights, where reds dull things up IMO.

There are other things that can be done, but those are some general ideas without being too familiar with your system.

I had back black but painted it blue. The guy i bought it from had great color with leds but i think i must have burnt them a little when i put them in

So i just did a water change today and checked alk before and after, before it was about a 6.8 and after it was 7.3, i usally get a reading of 7.3ish and dont have that big of a drop on a weekly basis. Is it normal or?

Ok so i was checking alkalinty and I accidentally put this ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417825330.738882.jpg about .5ml into this ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417825371.084980.jpg. Do i have to buy a new kit/ soultion bottle thing? Or would i be still fine using it

Depends on what it was exposed to. Think of the color in your corals like a sun burn. There are several degrees, each taking different times to heal and if severe enough can kill.

This isn't the only way to make things pop though. Painting the back glass of my tank black did amazing things for how I see my coral. Same can be said about the color spectrum from your tanks lights, where reds dull things up IMO.

There are other things that can be done, but those are some general ideas without being too familiar with your system.

What do you mean red dulls things up?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm asking because if you had a water quality issue, you would probably see it with the anemone. Splitting is a sign of stress, so take that into consideration. It's generally not a good sign. That it's retained color and is getting larger is a good sign though. Maybe the initial change from the store to your tank created the stress.

I don't doubt MR. X he seems to be on point all the time. There is a big argument about them splitting and weather or not it is good or bad. Based on what I've read I can not conclude for myself weather or not its good or bad to be honest. I have maintained weekly water changes with a few occasional bi weekly water changes. I detected o phosphates and danm near 0 nitrates in my system. I run carbon and gfo. I have a refugium with chaeto. I test pretty regularly and my perams have been on point for the better part of a year. My nem split into 3 nems after a water change randomly? He had been in the system for a few month's only. But I'm not a scientist or a biologist so I have no opinion on why they do it. That was just my personal experience since then it has just grown along with the clone except the one that committed power head suicide.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My bubble tip turned into three after the addition of a pair of clownfish, that loved to play in it. They were relentless.

So im looking at buying a calcium and magnesium test kits. Do i stick with salifert or get the red sea combo since its only $35 on BRS? I need a new alk test kit anyways. Is their a huge difference between the two?

Back
Top Bottom