Sps, softies and lps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steo the great

Aquarium Advice Freak
Here is a pic of my tank and I would like to start some sps corals. Will they be ok with the rest of these corals.

Any advice would be great as I would love some sps.

Attachments

• image-3942001451.jpg
    image-3942001451.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 162
I just got into SPS as well. First I made sure I got some of the easier SPS frags to take care of such as montiporas. Next, I was advised to segregate my corals which is what I did. My SPS frags are all in one area of the tank (mid/top). LPS are all at the lower level and my mushrooms are under overhangs to protect them from strong light and flow. It's been several weeks and everything is going ok.

I just got into SPS as well. First I made sure I got some of the easier SPS frags to take care of such as montiporas. Next, I was advised to segregate my corals which is what I did. My SPS frags are all in one area of the tank (mid/top). LPS are all at the lower level and my mushrooms are under overhangs to protect them from strong light and flow. It's been several weeks and everything is going ok.
Have you got a pic of your tank to give me an idea. And have you removed your lps or softies. Or just lowered them down

And did you need any new supplements or water changes or anything like that.

Thanks

Some corals are still waking up. Lights just came on an hour ago. My digitada just got moved to a new place so it is still closed up.

image-2381454833.jpg

Attachments

• image-3429787637.jpg
    image-3429787637.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 108
  • image-2400211840.jpg
    image-2400211840.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 89
  • image-573069188.jpg
    image-573069188.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 89
  • image-2079621859.jpg
    image-2079621859.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 94
Ok I'm just wondering if they will be ok though chemical wise and is your gravel black or is that the lighting?

Funny you mention chemical warfare between corals. I almost traded in my mushrooms and zoanthids just for that reason. However, two of my LFSs said nothing to worry about. Regular water changes will take care of any chemicals as will a poly pad.
I have a mix of black and white live sand. Gives it an Oreo cookie look i Like. Haha.

The corals you have will work with SPS but we don't know if your tank itself will work with sps. What lights are you running over the tank?

The corals you have will work with SPS but we don't know if your tank itself will work with sps. What lights are you running over the tank?

I have 2 of the taotonics 120w lights with blue and white lights.

Are these good enough Do you think? I think mr x has them?

Oh yeah, those should be more than enough. I would go ahead and try out a few sps.

Birdsnest are one of my favs and are supposed to be easy to keep. I added my first sps about a month ago. Got an acropora and 2 birdsnest. The birdsnest are nice because they grow absurdly fast

Birdsnest are one of my favs and are supposed to be easy to keep. I added my first sps about a month ago. Got an acropora and 2 birdsnest. The birdsnest are nice because they grow absurdly fast

Have you a pic of your tank also just to see your layout.

I'm get 4 monti frags this weekend?

Certainly, The acro and birdsnest are at the top right. Zoa / paly garden at bottom left. Mushrooms in bottom middle. Duncan, frogspawn, and torch at bottom middle to right.

75748-albums12608-picture62101.jpg

Here's a quick update of my new spa montiporia corals. And also a picture.

Attachments

• image-812148972.jpg
    image-812148972.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 63
Back
Top Bottom