Star Polyp not opening

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

biotoxin

Aquarium Advice Freak
I picked up a star polyp today from a friend and brought it home. I acclimated it and the put it in the tank but its just sittin there and not opening. Its a purple color if that helps at all.

Corals will not always open right away after being added to a tank. Providing the water parameters are up to spec and the lighting is good, they should open in a day or so. They do well in medium flow areas just enough to move the tops of the polys. I also find this makes them spead like a weed.

Cheers
Steve

I've had some star polyps that took 3-4 days to come out. Some of them are a bit stubborn, but they'll open soon.

My star polyps took about 2 days to come out, but even then they were just barely peeking out. It took about a week for them to fully open up.

I bought some LR from the LFS and was surprised to see two star polyps on there. They are purple with green tips, maybe your's are the same kind. They open and close from time to time. They close like they have dried out, only to open again the next day. pretty kewl :p

ya it opened in the morning. hopefully it can spread out a little and multiply.

Back
Top Bottom