Staring 90gal saltwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mattbengel

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey just about to get 90 gal tank with oberflow and pump and wondering if anyone can help me ? Not sure how much reef rock I should be getting and if I should get sand or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Get aragonite sand. 80 lbs was a decent amount for my 90g.

1 to 2.5 lbs per gallon of rock

What other questions did you have?

I am looking at getting a sump skimmer and reactor good for a 120 gallon tank. The tank I am getting comes with a blueline pump too. Is there anything else I should be looking into getting?

I'm not sure yet. I am think about getting corals and fish too. What would u recommend?

And should I be getting a reverse osmosis unit?

If you're just getting fish then the light doesn't really matter. You don't need anything particularly bright; a high colour temperature is what will really make them pop (I use a standard 20W T8 fluorescent in 18,000K on my 37gal FOWLR and the fish look great).

If you're doing corals, then you should probably have an idea of what corals you want before you set up the tank so you can set everything up to maximize those specific corals' needs. Specifically, you'll have to do research on those corals' light requirements and choose a light accordingly.

Joseph Granata

Back
Top Bottom