Start of my first saltwater tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i tried moving mine up off the sand and it wasnt happy so i put it back, it has a nice sway to it were it is at. If i remember i will take a video of it after the kids go to bed

leave it on sand for few days than slowly inch up day by day it needs time to adjust to the lighting

alright will do... man i been busting butt searching for people in my area that sell frags and am having no luck what so ever, i really dont feel like driving an hour 1/2 everytime i wanna buy a coral.

Went to Lfs to purchase my ro water and my premix for wc's and bought this little Kenya tree

Attachments

• image-3875457637.jpg
    image-3875457637.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 121
Went to Lfs to purchase my ro water and my premix for wc's and bought this little Kenya tree

Nice! I love my Kenya trees! Just a warning, they can be a little temperamental about changes in their environment. But they are very hardy. :) I've been told that "If you kill a Kenya tree you probably shouldn't have anything that lives in water." Lol. So it's a great choice. :)

yeah its not happy at the moment, i had to put him in the shade he wasnt happy under the led, i hope it dont die my frogspawn it doing great

alright will do... man i been busting butt searching for people in my area that sell frags and am having no luck what so ever, i really dont feel like driving an hour 1/2 everytime i wanna buy a coral.

I know just how you feel living in the mountains and having to drive and drive just to go to a pet store and really never finding that exact coral you want at a fair price
than I found Will and his wife out of Cali they have nice selections and don't cost a arm and a leg
give them a shot you will be glad you did (y)
if they don't have it they will get it for you and they make you feel like one of the family
Frag Packs

So I got a new phone and decided to plan with the camera and it has a field of depth adjustment which I thought was cool here is a pic
ForumRunner_20130325_105614.jpg

Is this a new head or shoute froming ?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130328_122216.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130328_122216.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 96
  • ForumRunner_20130328_122225.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130328_122225.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 107
So after coming home from a long day of swimming and watching butterflys i find this tiny thing on the front wall of my tank.... Baby Starfish of some sort ?

34pcpjd.jpg

When you see them on the glass you can remove them by hand, I have used tweezers to get them off my rocks. I only saw a few in my tank about a month after setting it up. They multiply rapidly and you won't know if they are the coral eating variety until It's too late. I played it safe and removed mine.

Edit: mine were white not dark like yours.

So I purchased an urchin yesterday. They are so cool I couldn't resist, didn't make it down to the lfs I was planning to instead I got a stay in the ER for 8 hours. Oh well I will get another chance soon

ForumRunner_20130407_115534.jpg

Back
Top Bottom